Saturday, March 14, 2009

blog for assignement 4











In 15 th century Brunelleschi invented the one point perspective and its mathematical order and it has a great impact on the painting of that era . After invention of one point perspective by Brunelleschi many other architect and painter follow his rule of one point perspective. Massaccio is one of them and his famous painting Trinity is great example of it. This painting shows great understanding of one point perspective. In 16th century Leonardo da vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael were three leading artists of high renaissance. They also used method of liner perspective in their fresco work. Michelngelo studied missacio’s frescoes and made sketches to understand his methods. On the other hand Leonardo da vinci used liner perspective in his most famous painting last supper. This way the liner perspective is used from 15th century till today. Even today we use perspective for visual presentation. Here is the example of person who does perspective on street and side walk with chalk.

6 comments:

  1. Buhmi! Yes, I have seen this guys work and it is amazing. I too am in awe of artists' abilities to apply one point perspective and generate foreshortened images. Nice choice of examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhumi,
    Great blog, very interesting and the modern day applications of the centuries old knowledge is fascinating. I would like to see these "live".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chalk drawings are amazing! I always struggle with perspective in my artwork. It seems so unfair when it comes so naturally to the old masters like Brunelleschi and Da Vinci, and to newer artists like the one above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bhumi,
    Im guessing by your name that your are from a "Cricket Playing" country! Have you watched the games lately on the internet or over the tv? They now advertise on the oval with 3d drawings of the logo of the sponsor. Its pretty bizarre. I keep thinking there is this large box on the oval and a player is going to run into it.. but its just like the chalk drawings you posted!
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bhumi,
    These sidewalk chalk drawings are great examples of tromp l'oeil. The bottom one, especially is quite believable. Maybe even more so than seeing it in person. I really thought it was water when I first saw it!

    ReplyDelete